Saturday, November 28, 2015

I’m a Different Person Than When I Started My Mission

November 23, 2015

We had a conference this week for all of the missionaries who just recently started their mission and the trainers. So we went down to Montevideo and had the conference and it was really great. I was able to learn a lot.  They talked a lot about focusing on using the pamphlets that we have in our mission to help the investigators increase their testimonies of the gospel. At the end of the conference we talked about the experiences we have had being trainers. It was really great to be able to hear all of the experiences that everybody has had.

In Uruguay one of the bus stations had a strike the day of the conference, so we weren't able to go back to our area right after the conference ended. We just worked in the areas that are close to where we had the conference. So when I was in the offices, my area was close to where we had the conference. I was able to visit my old area and I talked to Nilda (whom we baptized about 4 months ago). She is doing really great it was a miracle that I was able to see her. So I am so glad that they had a strike here because I was able to visit her.  She told me that she is probably going to visit San Jose (my area right now) soon and if she does visit we could totally visit her.

Elder Lopez is doing really great, even though he has to get used to walking all day in church shoes. I kind of forgot all of the things that a missionary has to learn in their mission. It is really great I am able to see my personal progression that I have had in my mission and I know I am a different person now than when I started the mission.

Hope you all have a great week.  Love y’all.

Elder Rogers

 

No comments:

Post a Comment