Sunday, July 26, 2015

Nilda’s Baptism; Mission Audit; The Church is Growing in Uruguay

Nilda's Baptism
July 25, 2015

          Well, a lot of things happened this week.  First off our baptism of Nilda was amazing.  It was so great to be able to see so many people come to the baptism as well.  In the baptism room we didn´t have enough seats to have everybody sit down, so a lot of people had to stand up. The talks that were given for the baptism were very great as well. After she was baptized, Nilda gave her testimony and it was so strong.  She talked about how she had been waiting for that moment for a long time and how she finally got baptized, 

          So another thing we had that wasn´t as cool was that the people that are in charge of finances for our mission visited our office and checked and made sure that we were doing everything right, so basically we had an audit.  I was pretty freaked out that we did a bunch of stuff wrong, but when they came they looked at all of the stuff and told us that it was very organized and that we are doing a good job and that we need to just keep doing what we are doing. So that was pretty nice to know that we are doing the stuff right.

          So next week is changes and I already know that I am going to stay here and I will have the same companion.  I really like the ward I am in.  The members are really nice and are trying to get the ward bigger.  Today I was able to talk to somebody that got baptized around 50 years ago. He told me that it is so crazy how much the church has grown, especially in Uruguay. He told me that he always sits in the back of the sacrament room so he can see all of the members, because when he was baptized there were very few.

Have a great week,

Elder Rogers



No comments:

Post a Comment