Sunday, September 20, 2015

1st Week in San Jose

Me and my new companion Elder Leano
September 14, 2015

So we had transfers and now I am in San Jose.  It is a town of about 30,000 people (or so I have been told). We have two other elders in this area as well. My new companion is Elder Leaño.  He is from Bolivia.  It is pretty crazy because his cousin is serving in this mission. 

Up to now I really like San Jose. It is a really calm place here.  It is a branch and about 50 people go to church every week. The members here are really awesome.   A couple of them work in the temple and go there once a week. It is pretty cool because when I first got here everybody wanted to know who the new elder was and where I came from. So I am really excited to work here in this area and there is a lot of work to be done as well.

We have a couple of little towns by the city that we live in, so we go and visit them when we can, but the only thing is they are pretty far away. We have to walk like an hour or so to get there, but on the way there there is bridge so I was able to take a couple of photos.

Love you all and hope you have a great week,

Elder Rogers



No comments:

Post a Comment