Thursday, September 10, 2015

My Last Week as a Financer

September 5, 2015

          Well this week was pretty awesome and crazy busy.  So yesterday something crazy happened.  The 3 elders and I went to a dinner with some people from Brazil. So when we got there we found out that only one of the 4 people who we ate with speaks Spanish. So it was so crazy because the lady that speaks Spanish didn´t translate for us. So we were trying to understand the best we could (Portuguese and Spanish are kind of similar languages). It was super funny because they kept on asking me all of these questions and I would kind of understand it, but not that much ha ha. Such a cool experience.  It reminded me of when I began the mission and could only understand some of the words that they were saying.

           So this week we had a lesson with Nilda (a recent convert in my area) and she is so awesome.  Every time we visit her she always shocks me about a new story that she has about how she is applying the gospel in her life. A couple of days ago she told us about how she was having some problems with some things but she decided to just put faith in the Lord and hope that everything turns out well.

           So something crazy is happening.  Starting next week, I´m leaving the offices and I´m not going to be a financer anymore. But I´m not really sad or anything. I really like being a financer, but I feel like it is time to leave. I mean, I have been here for 6 months. So I don´t know where I am going, but the next time I write you guys I´ll already be in my area. (So that means that my P-day will go back to Mondays.)

Love you guys hope you all have a great week,

Elder Rogers 

No comments:

Post a Comment