Monday, September 22, 2014

Families on Motorcycles and Baptisms on the Way

Me and Elder Mata
September 21, 2014

Hello, 

       So this week went by so fast I couldn't believe it. I felt like it wasn't that long ago that I was writing, ha ha. Anyways, so this week is awesome! We got some firm investigators and probably will be having some baptisms next week!!!!!! 
 
      One thing really cool about Uruguay is that everybody drives motorcycles. Hardly anybody has a car; everybody just has a motorcycle.  It blew my mind how many people you can fit on a small motorcycle. I have seen a family of 5 on one: there were 2 adults and 3 younger kids. I can't believe how people just put their 5 year-old kid on the back of one and it is just normal, like they are not even scared of them falling off or anything.

      So my Spanish is coming along. I felt like I have learned more this week than I have any other week on my mission, so that is good, but I still have a lot to learn. I think it’s funny that in so many of my conversations I have the person I am talking to thinks that I understand everything and I just keep smiling and nodding my head, ha ha.    

      I am starting to be pretty familiar with the area now, I didn't realize how long it takes to get used to an area. Here they have street names and that can be really difficult sometimes because it takes us a while to try to find the name of the street and where they live, but that is okay. 

      Have a great week!!!!!

Sincerely,

Elder Rogers

All the missionaries living in our house
 
Some awesome pancakes that I made

No comments:

Post a Comment